Now that you’re no longer earning, you still need to have an income; one which will give you the lifestyle you want to enjoy.
We work with clients who’ve worked hard to have enough money to retire but are concerned about spending their wealth. They worry that spending money on luxuries or giving money to their children will affect their lifestyle in the years to come.
They worry about paying for long-term care either for themselves or their parents. At the same time, they want to leave a legacy; money to pass on to their loved ones.
Some have Defined Benefit (or Final Salary) pensions and wonder if it would be better to transfer out of them.
If this sounds like you, we can give you choices. Rather than simply managing your investments, we’ll create a proper financial plan which will help you to achieve what you want in retirement.
What we’ll do
- Firstly, we’ll spend plenty of time getting to know you, your family and what you want to achieve, both now and in the future.
- Then we’ll put together a cashflow plan, looking at your personal income and expenditure and considering what life events will affect your income.
- From this, we’ll develop a financial plan which is completely focused on your life story and how you want it to unfold. This may include pension planning (including Defined Benefit pension transfers) estate planning, later life planning and investment planning.
- If you’re happy with our recommendations, we’ll implement your plan. We’ll set up all of the financial products you’ll need to achieve your life goals; these may include pensions, trusts, ISAs and other types of investments. They may also include borrowing in retirement, where we have access to experts in this area.
- We’ll continue to work with you, monitoring your financial plan and ensuring that you stay on track. Of course, life happens, so where necessary, we’ll adapt your plan to make sure that it continues to work for you.
“Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.”